Pompano Beach Outboard Motor Repair
Found 190 results
OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR IN POMPANO BEACH, FL
FINDING A FIRST-RATE OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR IN POMPANO BEACH, FL
Standing on the Pompano Beach Pier and looking out over the Atlantic ocean makes it easy to understand why Pompano Beach, FL is a boating haven. Known for its marinas and beaches like Pompano Beach and North Ocean Park, a boating haven means there are always plenty of small outboard motors and large outboard motor engines working hard for your entertainment. The ones humming along are likely well-maintained by a Pompano Beach first-rate outboard motor marine mechanic. The newer motors that need the services of a marine repair technician have likely been neglected or abused. The truth is that it does not take a lot of effort to keep an outboard motor in good operating condition, and the first step is finding a marine mechanic who helps you maintain your outboard motor year-round, providing quality repairs on an as-needed basis. Following are some suggestions for finding the right mechanic for your needs in the Pompano Beach area.
- To find a first-rate outboard motor mechanic means finding a service shop that takes pride in the work it does for customers. When you look at a resource like Mariner Exchange, you can read reviews by people who have used the business. These reviews carry a lot of weight because everyone recognizes how brutally honest people are online today. If the reviews indicate the marine mechanic did a great job, then you are on the right track.
- Check for proof the repair shop delivers outstanding customer service. One indication is the customer reviews, of course, but also verify the marine mechanics are certified. The American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) certification is an important one, but you also want a manufacturer-certified mechanic. A master marine technician is trained and authorized to work on a particular outboard motor model, like Mercury, Suzuki, and/or Mercury. Learning to give excellent customer service is an element of mechanic training and certification.
- If you cannot find a Pompano Beach outboard motor mechanic who is available to accept new customers right now, look at other areas. Fort Lauderdale is only 10 miles away and has mechanics you can take your boat to or who will send a traveling mechanic to Pompano Beach. However, with so many mechanics in Pompano Beach, FL, you probably will not have much trouble finding a local first-rate technician.
- Become a customer with a marine repair shop for maintenance purposes and before you need an outboard motor repair. Every outboard motor of every size and model needs annual maintenance as a minimum. More frequent maintenance is better, like quarterly or semi-annually depending on how many hours you put on your outboard motor.
PREVENT EXPENSIVE OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIRS IN POMPANO BEACH
The importance of following an outboard motor maintenance schedule is always emphasized because it can prevent expensive repairs down the road or even a shortened motor lifespan. The water boaters use in the Pompano Beach area is harsh salt water which can be highly corrosive to outboard motors and engines. To maintain outboard motor performance, track your hours of usage, and let a qualified marine mechanic perform the ideal maintenance tasks based on the hours of usage reached.
- 20-25 hours of service – Basic maintenance is performed that includes changing fuel filters, changing the motor oil and oil filter, and checking cables.
- 100 hours of service – At 100 hours of service, many more maintenance tasks are completed. Besides the ones done at 20-30 hours, the 100-hour service adds things like checking all fluids, lubricating moving parts, replacing the fuel water separator, checking the propeller, and replacing the water-pump impeller if necessary.
- 300 hours of service – At this time, even more tasks are added to the maintenance routine. For example, thermostats are checked, the engine is decarbonized, the water pump is replaced, and so on.
A major advantage of letting a Pompano Beach marine mechanic do your outboard motor maintenance is that the technician gets familiar with the ins and outs of your equipment. Finding a first-rate marine mechanic in Pompano Beach is usually easy, but keeping your outboard motor running smoothly depends on you following through when maintenance is recommended.