1. INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT
We may store the information you submit to or through the Site. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide Site functionality, improve Site quality, personalize the user experience, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, and comply with legal obligations. Among the information you submit to or through the Site, please note:
- Account Registration: You must provide a valid email address in order to sign up for an Account on the Site. In addition, you may provide us with your full name. When you sign up for a Mariner Exchange account, we opt you in to receive emails from other Mariner Exchange users, business owners and Mariner Exchange by default. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal notices. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact email@example.com
- Public Content: Your reviews, tips, photos, likes, message board posts, account profile (including your first name and last initial, but excluding your other account registration information), and other content you post to the Site are meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- Messaging: If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In addition to the information you submit to or through the Site, we also collect and store information from and about you in the course of your use of the Site. We use this information to analyze and track user behavior, personalize your experience, associate it with other information about you, provide the functionality and improve the quality of the Site, help comply with legal obligations, and may use it to display relevant advertising. We collect this information in a couple of different ways:
- Server Logs: Our servers log information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. Our servers also log information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
3. THIRD PARTIES
We do not rent, share, sell or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That said, please note the following:
- Service Providers: Some of the services that are offered through the Site are provided by third party providers, like forum posts, location search, and the like. We also outsource some of our own functions to third party providers, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your user account if you include personal information in your Public Content. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Site pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Site.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Site are only private to the extent that you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your personal messages publicly posts it or its contents.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Mariner Exchange, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
103 Giddings Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401
United States of America