Stuart Outboard Motor Repair
Found 86 results
OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR IN STUART, FL
TIPS FOR FINDING OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR SERVICES IN STUART, FL
Mention Stuart, FL, and what should come to mind is “great fishing” which in turn means there are lots of boats in the area that are powered by one or more outboard motors. The “Sailfish Capital of the World” is home to boats with as many as four outboard motors that supply enough power to cruise the powerful waters of the Atlantic Ocean. You should not have issues with finding a certified marine mechanic in Stuart when one is needed. Even if you do because they stay busy, this area is so popular for boating that you do not have to look too far to find a mechanic in places like Jensen Beach and Fort Pierce. Following are some tips for finding an outboard motor repair service in the Stuart area.
- Some of the outboard motor repair places service a large area that includes Stuart, Palm City, Jupiter, Port Salerno, Jensen Beach, Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Hobe Sound and more. You do not have to limit yourself to a search based only on Stuart. Many boaters put convenience second on their priority list with “find an expert marine mechanic” first.
- What is an expert outboard motor mechanic? It is someone who is certified by a recognized agency like the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC). Marine technicians who earn certification by completing the nationally accredited certification program have proven skills in areas like marine corrosion, gasoline engines and marine electrical. A Master Technician has gone above and beyond by completing three or more Technician Certifications.
- Utilize the services of a marine repair business with mechanics who have experience working on your brands of the outboard motor, like Suzuki, Evinrude or Mercury. It will save you money because there’s an excellent chance the mechanic has fixed an identical problem to the one you are experiencing.
- Look online to find the many outboard motor repair services available. If you use a resource like Mariner Exchange, the search gets much easier because the various marine repair businesses are described as to the services offered and a map is shown so you know the exact area where the business is located. Click on the website link to get more information or click on the phone icon and call the business.
POINTS TO DISCUSS WITH A MARINE MECHANIC
It is tempting to only discuss the specific repair needed for your outboard motor, but there are other points you can cover. The goal is to establish a good relationship with a marine mechanic in the Stuart, FL area. You do not want to find yourself broken down near Sea Turtle Beach or Seabranch Preserve State Park and stressing over who to call once you get the boat to a location where it can be repaired. When you call a boat repair business, you can also ask about other services like the following.
- Can the marine mechanic do repairs at the dock? A lot of people dock their boats at the local marinas and do not want to pull the boat out of the water unless absolutely necessary if the repair is not complicated.
- Annual or semi-annual preventive maintenance on your outboard motor is crucial to enjoying your boating experience. Ask the mechanic about their preventive maintenance schedule and what is included.
- If you plan on storing your boat during the winter months, inquire about storage facilities and pricing.
- Does the marine repair business offer winterization services at the place of business or the dock if you wet store your boat?
These are just a few of the questions you can ask. Make a list of questions before you contact the marine mechanic so you do not forget anything. Of course, you want to compare prices at several marine repair businesses. Comparison shopping in Stuart, FL is the only way to get an assurance you are paying a fair price for services. It may take a little more time, but it is worth the effort.