Jupiter Outboard Motor Repair
Found 118 results
OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR IN JUPITER, FL
DISCOVER THE TOP OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR SERVICES IN JUPITER
Jupiter, FL is a popular spot for a lot of reasons, including its location, views and friendliness. Though a small town, its location north of Palm Beach on the Jupiter Inlet and minutes from the Gulf Stream and the Atlantic Ocean, coupled with beautiful marinas, makes it a magnet for boaters. Anyplace filled with boats is also filled with boats with outboard motors. Since Jupiter is small, you have to search for repair services outside Jupiter, but a little over a mile away is Fort Pierce which has many boat repair businesses. You will find even more outboard motor repair businesses by searching in a wider area that includes Vero Beach, Port Saint Lucie and Jensen Beach, all close to Jupiter. No matter where you choose to look for a marine mechanic, there are basic steps to follow that ensure you find the top businesses you can trust to deliver high-quality services.
- There are numerous ways to find a good boat mechanic. One common way is to search online because an internet search delivers so many options. However, you can do a more refined search by using a resource like Mariner Exchange. On this website, simply indicate you are looking for outboard motor services specifically in the Jupiter, FL area. Other strategies include asking boaters at marinas, like the Square Grouper Tiki Bar marina or the Loggerhead Marina. Boatowners are always willing to share their opinions about marine mechanics.
- Another source of information is the manufacturer of your outboard motor brand. One of the advantages of this approach is that you are pointed directly to authorized service centers with outboard motor mechanics trained to do diagnostics and repairs. Who better to work on a Suzuki outboard than a Suzuki factory-trained mechanic?
- Speaking of training, Jupiter, FL mechanics who are ABYC trained are highly qualified to complete outboard motor repair work on a variety of engine brands. American Boat & Yacht Council certification indicates the mechanic has taken the initiative to gain the knowledge and skills needed to do a great repair job. It is a true commitment to maintaining the certification too because it must be renewed periodically by earning a continuing education credit and taking a recertification exam.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO REPAIR AN OUTBOARD MOTOR?
When you need to repair an outboard motor, you are likely to find a large price variance in labor and parts cost. Some of the factors influencing the repair cost include the following.
- Type of repair – Of course, the type of repair determines the total cost of the repair. The more complex the repair, the more the labor costs. The cost of parts is a huge factor in the final total. Influencing the parts costs is the nature of the repair and the ease with which the marine mechanic can find the right parts.
- Type of outboard motor – Some outboard motors are easier to work on than others. An older motor model may be cheaper to fix than a newer model that has digital technology but not always. It depends though on how old the outboard motor is because some parts may be difficult to locate. Repairing a four-stroke outboard motor usually costs more than repairing a two-stroke because of the cost of the oil filter and motor oil. The more horsepower an outboard motor has, the more expensive the repair is because it takes longer to service the motor.
- Service level – It is highly recommended that you have your outboard motor serviced periodically, a key step in avoiding significant repair costs at a later date. A 20-hour service, to ease the break-in of a new outboard motor, is less expensive than a 300-hour service. At 20 hours, the outboard motor mostly needs a new filter and oil replacement, unless a problem has already developed. At 300 hours, the impeller needs replacing, engine oil and gear lube are changed, fuel separating filters are changed, etc.
As you can see, there are many things to consider when looking for a top outboard motor mechanic in Jupiter, FL. This area on the Loxahatchee River is so beautiful and offers year-round boating opportunities, meaning you need an outboard motor running smoothly year-round. Finding an available marine mechanic in and around Jupiter is usually not difficult unless it is the height of summer when every boater seems to be out. Develop a relationship with a marine mechanic before you need his/her services and even busy times for marine repair shops will not be a problem.