Fort Pierce Outboard Motor Repair
Found 74 results
OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR IN FORT PIERCE, FL
IDENTIFYING THE BEST OUTBOARD MOTOR REPAIR IN FORT PIERCE, FL
You have to love the names given to areas of Fort Pierce. It is the “Sunrise City” located on “The Treasure Coast” and the pristine Indian River Lagoon. As a world-class fishing area, there are boats galore which mean there are outboard motors galore needing repair every day. That explains the numerous marine repair services located along the Atlantic coastline and inland. Expand your search area, and there are dozens of businesses in places that include Port Satin Lucie, Vero Beach, Stuart, Jensen Beach and so on. You do not have to limit your search just to Fort Pierce if you discover the marine mechanics in Fort Pierce are booked up. Knowing the qualities to look for in a marine mechanic business helps you make a final decision as to the business that can meet your needs. Following are just a few things to keep in mind.
- Some boaters make sure they speak to the service manager and not just a front-desk person. They want to get a feel for the person’s knowledge and customer service attitude. Face it, when you find you do not get along with someone in a customer service position, you are not going to like the business.
- Check for marine mechanic certification, preferably by the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABCY). This is the nation’s premier certification organization. Certification is proof the mechanic has undergone technical education based on industry standards. There are other types of certifications too. For example, many marine mechanics are certified by outboard motor manufacturers, like Honda and Yamaha.
- Ask if the marine mechanic is qualified to work on the model and year of the outboard motor. Newer models are more technologically complex and the newest are computer-controlled, requiring a different set of diagnostic and repair tools. All the major brands have significantly evolved due to technology – Mercury, Evinrude, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda. It is not like the “old days” when a piece of foil could help your motor limp back to the dock. On the other hand, if you have an older outboard motor, you want to find a marine mechanic comfortable working on older models.
- It is always a good idea to visit the business and check its cleanliness and organization. Outboard repair businesses that keep their place clean and orderly take customer service seriously. They keep their tools clean and will ensure they do not make a mess while working on your boat. It is similar to a car repair business. When you get a car back from a repair business and it has grease on the doors, floormats or door frames, the impression is that the manager did not do a final inspection and the mechanics are not interested in customer satisfaction.
FULL-SPECTRUM OF FORT PIERCE OUTBOARD MOTOR SERVICES
The popularity of the Fort Pierce area for boating means there are numerous outboard motor repair services, but it also means you can find other essential services. When you look at a resource like Mariner Exchange which has links to business in Fort Pierce and the surrounding area, you also find marine businesses that offer outboard motor:
- Electrical systems repair
- Periodic preventive maintenance
- Annual maintenance
- New outboard motor sale (replacement)
The marine repair services are convenient too. Most are close to the coast, of course, but do not ignore the business further inland. You want a business that can help you protect your investment in your boat. If you have to give up a few days of boating to ensure your outboard motor gets TLC, take the time to enjoy places like the Fort Pierce Inlet State Park or the Heathcote Botanical Gardens. That way you still get fresh Florida air, even if you have to go to a local restaurant to find fish.