Keep in mind the 3 c’s when considering your next refit and repair: conduct, confer and concur:
Accomplishing a refit on-time and on-budget requires the captain/vessel representative, owner, and yard to be well aligned on the scope of work. Be it a periodic maintenance or an extensive refit and repair that involve mechanical, electrical, piping/valves, hydraulic, paint, joinery, fabrication, or interior, each job/task must be carefully defined to ensure the work can be performed to meet all expectations.
Generally the Captain and Crew remain occupied with running an exceptionally-busy yacht with a demanding schedule. There is often insufficient opportunity for comprehensive planning of a refit or major maintenance let alone creating a consensus around a large project. The out-of-service time of the yacht is meant to be minimized and all stakeholders want the project to get going the moment the vessel arrives at the yard.
A pre-refit inspection is a vital part of starting the alignment process. Shortly after the yard conducts a pre-refit vessel inspection, crew, project managers and vessels rep discuss the findings and prepare the best approach to achieve the desired results. The customer “wish list” and report of findings from inspection should be consolidated and used as a guide for the estimate/quote process.
When considering your next refit and repair: conduct, confer and concur. First conduct a pre-refit vessel inspection. Secondly, confer on the finding of the pre-refit inspection. And thirdly, concur on a report based on the findings of the pre-refit inspection.
About RMK Merrill-Stevens Shipyard Services:
- RMK Merrill-Stevens is the oldest ship and yacht repair company in Florida, established in 1885
- RMK Merrill-Stevens is under new ownership and new management
- Open to outside contractors and providing on-site trades for welding/fabrication, paint and refinishing, fiberglass/gelcoat, mechanical & electrical etc.
- 70T travel lift capable of hauling vessels up to approx.. 75’
- 500T travel lift capable of hauling vessels up to approx. 160’
- Coming Soon: 2,700T shiplift capable of hauling vessels up to approx. 235’
- On-site storage, work-shops, captain and vessel manager offices
- Covered berths available
- Transient berths available
- Hurricane storage available
- Located near Miami international airport and Biscayne Bay
** Call today to find out about great low summer rates for maintenance, repair and refit! To learn more, click here: RMK Merrill-Stevens Shipyard